- Contact Us
- Contact us by inquiry form or e-mail.
- Potential clients in Japan or abroad are welcome.
- Assist property search (upon request.
- Initial Meeting
- Guidance on our approach and the design process.
- Possible Agenda : budget, schedule, and desired quality.
- Takes approximately one to two months.
- Presentation with drawings and image renderings.
- Discussion based on the proposal, what to keep/lose.
- (Approved) The proposal fee will be included in the design fee if a contract is awarded.
- (Not approved) The project will be terminated at this stage. The proposal fee of 100,000 yen will be charged. Re-use of rejected proposal materials is prohibited.
- Design and CA (Construction Administration) Contract
- Set a target design and construction cost and period.
- Conclude a Design and CA contract.
- Apply the terms and conditions issued by the Japan Federation of Architects & Building Engineers Associations (the most commonly utilized in Japan).
- Schematic design “Kihon Sekkei”
- Check of relevant regulations.
- Conduct a ground survey (additional cost required).
- Meetings over the drawings and images.
- Fix the positions of walls and columns.
- Detailed Design “Jisshi Sekkei”
- Prepare construction documents followed by the schematic design.
- Choose products and materials at the showroom.
- Consultation with government and inspection agencies.
- Apply for a building permit.
- Request an estimate from construction companies.
- Evaluate the estimate.
- Modify the design and adjust the price with necessity.
- Construction Contract
- Sign the construction contract.
- Start construction.
- Ground-breaking ceremony “Jichin-sai” if desired.
- CA (Construction Administration)
- Visit the site every 1-2 weeks to supervise the progress of construction
- Framework Completion Ceremony “Jyoto-shiki” upon request.
- On-site approval of finishes, materials, colors.
- Completion inspection by the building permit application agency.
- Completion and Delivery
- Inspection by the client and take over the property.
- Explanation of how to use the facilities.
- One Year Inspection
- An inspection will be conducted approximately one year after the delivery.
- At least one year requires from the contract to the completion.
- Renovation work may not require a building permit.
- Recent rise of the construction materials impact construction costs and schedules.
- We ask a photographer to take completion photos after the furniture is brought in.
- The problems after the handover is managed with cooperation with the construction company.
Design and CA (Construction Administration) Fee
1. Private residences
[Design and CA Fee Rate]
– 12.5-12% : Construction cost of 20-30 million yen
– 12-11% : Construction cost of 30-60 million yen
– 11-9.5% : Construction cost of 60-200 million yen
– Basic design fees of Structure and MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing)
– Consumption tax
– Transportation and accommodation expenses outside of the 23 wards of Tokyo
– Design and CA fees for special structures, special facilities, and seismic retrofitting.
– Fees for Landscape design, lighting design, acoustic design, photography.
– Land development and building permit application fees, registration of the property, preparation of construction cost estimate, geological and property surveys.
– The minimum design and CA fees are 2,000,000 yen for small-scale renovation.
– “Construction cost” refers to the total amount of the construction contract with the construction company and does not include the design and CA fee.
– Overseas and foreign language projects will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
2. Apartment buildings, offices, hotels, and commercial facilities
– Please consult with us separately.
– Design and CA fee schedule are available upon request.
3. Payment schedule
– Contract: 10% of the fee based on the estimated construction cost.
– Schematic design: 15% of the fee based on the estimated construction cost
– Detailed design: 50% of the fee based on the actual construction cost. The portion already received shall be readjusted.
– Construction Administration: 25% of the fee based on the actual construction cost.